Recommend me to your friends

Sunday 31 July 2011

I have just been on MSC Yacht Club!

And what a truly amazing experience it was too!


From the moment I arrived at the port I felt like some kind of Celebrity, I was showed to a designated area for Yacht Club members where a line of immaculately dressed Butlers were waiting to greet me. Then I was led to the check in desk, priority of course, and even offered a drink whilst I waited - don't mind if I do! My Butler then guided me through the ship, the Amazing Splendida, to the Yacht Club area and showed me to my suite.....




My suite was positioned facing forwards at the front of the ship, and was huge! I had a bottle of Wine and a tasty fresh fruit basket in the cabin (which I later made full use of) it had everything I needed and more right down to some slippers and luxury dressing gown and wait for it girls.....a walk in wardrobe!

The Yacht Club can only be accessed by using your Yacht Club key card in the lifts which makes you feel very important indeed, it's probably what the Cunarders feel like when they are travelling in the Grills as you can't help but feel a little bit special. It is set out over 2 levels with a stunning sweeping Yellow Swarovski Crystal stair case the Elegance of the ship certainly shines through. You get your own bar/lounge area called the Top Sail Lounge were you have panoramic views of the Ocean, here all drinks are included and they serve afternoon tea (which was very delightful I may add being the tea lover that I am) and continental breakfasts including smoked salmon, pastries and fruit, yummy.




The ship itself....well what can I say.... by far one of the most innovative and stunningly designed ships I have ever been on. The decor was contemporary without being too much and very welcoming. She still felt very new. My favourite part of the ship though has to be the main atrium area where the Swarovski Crystal staircases take centre stage - there are about 8 of them! With a grand piano which is also emblazoned with Crystals, every girls dream!







The Ship was well equiped for children with lots of fun things to do onboard. There is a real Formula 1 simulator which makes you feel like you are actually in a racing car! And a 4D Cimema experience, yes 4D what is this I hear you ask?! Well it is 3D but with the 4th Element of feelings so your seat moves and you feel wind and water droplets as if you are really there! It is a very strange but great experience! The childrens club looked really fun and on one of the evenings they had them all up on the stage doing a song and dance routine which was really sweet.






The food was absolutely yummy I didn’t have one gripe about it. I have to admit, like many others, I had heard bad things about the food on MSC things like it being served too cold but everything I had was very tasty and of a really good standard! See for yourself....





I have to give a very big Thank You to the Concierge in Yacht Club who was very concerned to learn I had lost my phone whilst on board and made it a point to try and contact as many people as possible to try and help find it for me and when this was not possible arranged a lost item form for me to use for my insurance, he really was second to none with his service and a credit to the Yacht Club!

Overall my experience of MSC was that of one of the best I have had onboard a ship, the food, the staff, the ship itself was all 100% and I would certainly recommend it to any of my customers in future when looking for cruises.


5 comments:

  1. Julia, thank you for sailing onboard MSC Yacht Club. We are delighted to hear that your trip was amazing and look forward to seeing you onboard again soon!

    Best, MSC Yacht Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. We travelled from Barcelona on MSC Fantasia in April but not as Yacht Club members. However two aspects of the "Yacht Club" product disappointed:

    1. The butlers were jumping the queue with their guests for the initial security screening before the check-in area, this is not acceptable besides being rude.

    2. Because the "Yacht Club" occupies the prime locations on the ship there is no external or internal forward observation areas for the ordinary passenger who make up the vast majority,a big negative and very poor design in my view.

    I hope the Yacht Club takes note when they read this.

    Roger
    Dublin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have been on the Splendida in July
    The ship was beautiful I agree
    but I had the cruise from hell
    no one told me that children go FREE
    and the ship was over run with uncontrollable kids
    as yet I haven't had a good response form my complaint - just a typical sorry
    Christine Johanson

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. The butlers were jumping the queue with their guests for the initial security screening before the check-in area, this is not acceptable besides being rude.

    2. Because the "Yacht Club" occupies the prime locations on the ship there is no external or internal forward observation areas for the ordinary passenger who make up the vast majority,a big negative and very poor design in my view.


    If you want the best PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, quit whining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yacht Charter Dubai one of the nice place where you enjoy lot of happy and fun

    ReplyDelete