Recommend me to your friends

Wednesday 7 September 2011

A Menu to die for!

What did I do on the dull Monday just gone? Well I was sampling a 7 course 6* lunch that's what!
I was lucky enough to travel down to Dover and board the Oceania Insignia which is a beautiful 6* ship, for a full ship tour (perk of the job I know)

The ship was stunning and had a very sumptuous feel to it, but what I wanted to rave about first of all was the 7 course lunch that I was treated to. The menu was simply to die for and I am a rather fussy eater too, so very hard to please!

The Menu in question!
(Served on Versace plates)


Warm Crushed Baby Potato with Caviar
Echire Butter and Fresh Chives


Risotto all'Aragosta
Arborio Rice with Lobster Medallions in Lobster Broth Reduction


Den Miso Glazed Seabass
Wrapped and Cooked in Banana Leaf


Seventy two hours Slow Cooking Short Rib "Perigourdine"
Semolina Gnocchi, Vegetable Casserole and Crispy Parmesan


"Gold Bullion" of Valrhona Jivara Chocolate Mousse
Praline, Exotic Fruit and Amarena Cherries


Petit Fours and Macaroons
Seved with Coffee

Tempting???


The Sea Bass was something I had never tasted before in my life....it was baked slowly for 2 hours and covered in a mouth-watering Miso glaze, this is something you would expect to be served in a Michelin star restaurant.

Oceania cruises are all about the food; there no 1 priority is to serve the best food at sea bar no other cruise line! They are also the only cruise line who hangs the Beef for 28 days where it is then vacuum packed and sent to the ship. Then they cook it so slowly (72 hours usually) that by the time it is served to you, you can literally cut it with your fork (I tried and tested this and it is true!)

If for you the food is the most important part of a cruise then Oceania are the only cruise line to do....you really must try it at least once to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment