Recommend me to your friends

Tuesday 13 April 2010

P&O Azura Review...what were my thoughts?

Well, what can I say except WOW! I have recently returned from an overnight stay on the Azura, we are very lucky in this business in that we get lots of freebies and get to go on most of the new ship launches! This is all for your benefit so we can advise you first hand on each ship, giving our own personal opinions and experiences rather than you having to rely on the cruise lines marketing for the ship.

Want to know what my real thoughts were??
MY CABIN....
I was spoiled on a Superior Balcony cabin, a CB grade on D deck. The cabin it was extremely spacious, in fact i was shocked by how much room you have in these cabins. You get a seperate seating area with a triple seated sofa and a coffee table and a seperate plazma screen TV into the Lounge area with another for the bedroom area.


The beds were very comfortable and well equipped with big soft pillows (always a must for me!)
There was a vanity area for the more important things like getting ready for your nights, and they even supplied a hairdryer, great for your ladies!!
My biggest surprise in the cabin was the walk in wardrobe and the amount of hanging/storage space. Perfect for your evening dresses and dinner suits!

A lot of my clients do ask if cabins are supplied with tea and coffee making facilities, well I can confirm that if you book a Superior Balcony this is supplied, when looking around other cabins they did also have kettles so you may get them in interiors and ocean views also.


Being a female, one of the most frustrating things for me on cruise ships is if the plugs are low voltage American style as we all know the GHD hair straighteners don’t work at their best! The Azura being a British ship has the traditional 3 pin plugs so no need to worry about adaptors! They even provided a luxury hairdryer....


Overall, I thought the cabins were very tastefully decorated, modern and stylish. The most surprising thing for me was the Single cabins. They were as big as the normal interior/ocean view cabins with a very decent sized bed. I was actually taken aback by how big they were and will certainly be recommending them for my single travelling clients.


More to follow on my Azura experiences....Food, Bars and general facilities
Have you been on board a P&O ship? Why not write a P&O cruise review?

1 comment: