Recommend me to your friends

Friday 27 July 2012

Birmingham Half Marathon

I don't think I have announced this yet but here in the cruise.co.uk office some of us have decided to sign up to our local Half Marathon, the Birmingham Half Marathon!




Have I ever done a Half Marathon before? NO is the answer to that....eeeeeek! But I figured I am a fit and healthy young lady so how hard can it be??

My training is well underway now as I only have a few months until the main event, which takes place on the 21st October. Team cruise.co.uk have been training twice a week with a running instructor who is really helping us with things like technique, stamina, running on different terrains and much more! He is a really inspiration and has got us all hyped up, I now feel that this can actually be a possibility that I may even get across the finish line!

Last night I did an hour of bootcamp at one of our local parks here in Redditch followed immediately by an hour of running training with a few of my colleagues and our Chairman. It was tuff going as the heat is hard to train in but we all got through it. We tried something a little bit different last night too, running on the grass with our barefoot...and it felt amazing! We didn’t want to put our sweaty socks and trainers back on but the training had to go on...no rest for the wicked!

One of my colleagues is off on a 14nt cruise Saturday on the Independence of the Seas and she was worrying about falling behind with our training whilst on her jollies, but there is no escape as there is a running track on board most ships so she will be continuing her training whilst on board.

I am dedicating this run to the charity one of my colleagues, Drew Wheddon, who was sadly diagnosed with a rare cancer last year. He is doing extremely well now and is even back at work doing a few days week. His charity is UK Legend and I will be taking in sponsors if any of you kind people wish to donate to me, please feel free to get in touch :) I will keep you posted of my training progress and of course my results after the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment