Recommend me to your friends

Friday 3 December 2010

Can Celebrities Cruise?

I was flicking through the cable channels the other day in my sheer boredom and happened to come across a programme on MTV called Hogan Knows Best. It is based on the famous 90's WWF wrestler Hulk Hogan and his family life. What does this have to do with cruising I hear you ask? Well, this particular episode was about Hulk celebrating his 54th Birthday (I know can you believe he is 54 and still has the muscles of a 24yr old!) and for his birthday his wife and 2 children booked to go on a cruise, the ship in question was the Carnival Imagination leaving from Miami for 7nts.



From the moment they got onboard Hulk was accosted by many fans wanting pictures with him and his autograph, some were even just constantly staring at him when he was trying to do simple things like sunbath and relax. You could see that it was very uncomfortable for him and at one point he did say he felt like he was trapped onboard with no place to escape it all except his cabin. This made me think, is cruising suitable for well known celebs?? Unlike land based holidays where you can go pretty much anywhere you like a cruise ship is limited in space and the public areas can be quite small. I know if I saw somebody famous like him onboard a cruise ship I probably wouldn't be able to help but stare!

Has anybody ever seen a famous person on a cruise? If so did you feel sorry for them getting lots of attention or did they seem to be enjoying themselves?

Personally I don't think it would be an ideal holiday for them but then I could be wrong - you never know you may see the Beckhams on your next cruise or even Tom Cruise.....pun intended! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment