Recommend me to your friends

Friday 24 December 2010

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Well, its Christmas Eve and the big day is nearly upon us. A white snow blanket is on the ground....all my presents are wrapped and are sitting under the tree eagerly awaiting to be opened tomorrow morning....the question is have I been a good girl this year?? And the answer of course is YES YES YES! So Santa should be visiting my house tonight with lots of treats :)


Christmas for the Rhodes family always consists of me waking up to the smell of the turkey cooking (my mum always puts it in the oven about 6am so we get that smell when we wake up) my dad then puts a full English spread on for breakfast, thats always been his allocated job on Christmas day. Then I will be heading over to my sisters to watch my little niece and nephew open their presents and on to my brothers to do the same! Its all about the kids in my family, although I don't have any of my own as yet I do love watching my little nieces and nephews open theirs. I guess it reminds me of when I was little and how excited I used to be at the mounds of presents that sat under the tree for me and my sister and brother to open, oh to be 10 again!

A few visits to the Grandparents then back to my sisters, who for the first time will be hosting the Christmas dinner - eeek! She not the greatest cook shall we say, luckily my mum is still in charge of cooking the Turkey so we shouldn't get food poisoned at least! Scrabble is always a game that we like to thrash out over some Wine and Baileys and then probably Turkey and stuffing sandwiches for supper.....mmmmm I can just taste it now....

The thing I am most excited about is that this will be the first white Christmas that I have experienced (or that I can remember) I know the snow has probably disrupted a lot of cruise.co.uk passengers travel arrangements but I had fun with my pooch who loves the snow too!



So now you know what I shall be doing tomorrow it just leaves me to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS tomorrow and I hope you have a Wonderful and prosperous 2011 to come! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment